The Difference Between Handheld Spotlight and Flashlights
Both handheld spotlights and flashlights are portable lighting devices that are used to illuminate dark spaces, but they have some key differences in their design and function.
- Beam Focus: The primary difference between a handheld spotlight and a flashlight is the beam focus. Spotlights are designed to project a concentrated, intense beam of light over a long distance, often several hundred meters and our current most remote beam distance can reach 1200 meters. This makes them ideal for outdoor activities such as hunting, camping, and search and rescue. Flashlights, on the other hand, have a broader beam pattern and are better suited for close-up work or general use.
- Light Intensity: Handheld spotlights are typically more powerful than flashlights, which means they produce a brighter and more intense beam of light. This is because they use larger reflectors and lenses to focus and direct the light. Our most powerful handheld spotlight can reach the super high 3000 lumens output. Flashlights, on the other hand, are designed to be compact and lightweight, which limits their power output.
- Battery Life: Due to their more powerful output, handheld spotlights generally require more energy to operate and consume more battery power. This means that their battery life is usually shorter than that of flashlights. The handheld spotlights have used lithium battery packs built-in, and the flashlights usually use dry batteries, 18650 batteries, etc.
- Form factor: Spotlights are generally larger and heavier than flashlights, due to their larger reflectors and lenses. This can make them more cumbersome to carry around for extended periods of time. Flashlights are designed to be small, lightweight, and easily carried in a pocket or attached to a belt.
- Waterproof: Handheld spotlights have been widely used in outdoor moist and rainy places, so the waterproof capacity of the spotlight is higher than the regular flashlights which are used in daily inspection, home, and backup processes.
- Materials: Regularly plastic material is used to build the handheld spotlight housing, and silicone rubber is used to improve the impact resistance performance of the handheld spotlights. For the flashlights, most of them are made of robust aluminum alloy, so the aluminum flashlight can be easily customized as per the different shape requests.
We have produced many professional and originally designed handheld spotlights and flashlights, if you are interested in them, we will be glad to demonstrate to you the best seller and newest models.